It applies to personal data that we collect from a customer during any interaction between the customer and Layer3 Telecom, whether online, including through our websites (including mobile sites) and social media sites, mobile applications that link to this Privacy Statement, in writing or orally, or personal data that we may collect offline or receive from third parties.
The policy also informs our customers how and when we will gather their personal information as well as how we intend to use it. Furthermore, the policy gives our customers the direction of reporting if our company or any of its employees are found to be in violation with the policy.
Layer3 Telecom shall respect the privacy of our customers and the privacy of those accessing our network. We are committed to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We are not going to sell your personal information to any third party for commercial or marketing purposes.
3. WHAT CUSTOMER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
From time to time, Layer3 Telecom will collect certain personal information about our customers and visitors when they interact with us in various ways;
• When they enquire about our services
• When they place orders with us on our solutions and services
• When they create accounts with us
• When we market our products and services
• When they register for our events and workshops
• When they subscribe to our mailing lists and newsletters
• From our resellers with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities
• your name;
• email address;
• postal address;
• telephone number;
• log-in and account information for authentication purposes and reseller account access;
• your gender; and
• social media account information.
• IP addresses
• Browser and device information
• geographic location
• primary language
4. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data for the following purposes;
• To contact you about promotional offers
• Service-related matters
• Customer experience feedback
• Share with business partners and resellers with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities
• For legal reasons where it is in response to a request for information by a competent authority in accordance with, or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process
• We will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any future communications
5. LINKING WITH OTHER WEBSITES
Our Online Services may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for and make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices or content of any third party websites and applications. Your use of such sites and applications is subject to the applicable third party privacy statement and is at your own risk.
6. DIRECT MARKETING
From time to time, we may send you direct marketing communications about our products and services. You can choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from Layer3 Telecom by email, SMS and phone. You may opt out of receiving marketing materials from us at any time and manage your communication preferences by:
• Following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email or SMS text message from us
• Including your details and a description of the marketing material you no longer wish to receive from us. We will comply with your request as soon as is reasonably practicable.
7. DATA RETENTION
Layer3 Telecom will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, or enforce agreements. The criteria we use to determine retention periods include whether:
• We are under a legal, contractual or other obligation to retain personal data, or as part of an investigation or for litigation purposes
• Personal data is needed to maintain accurate business and financial records
• There are automated means to enable you to access and delete your personal data at any time
• The personal data is sensitive personal data in which event we will generally retain this for a shorter period of time
• You have consented to us retaining your personal data for a longer retention period, in which case, we will retain personal data in line with your consent.
8. GOVERNING LAW
9. CONTACT US
You can reach us at;
LAYER3 TELECOM (PTY) LTD
2654 Whitby Manor Office Park
167 14th Road